Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Saturday, October 4, 2008

Weight Loss

On Friday morning I weighed in at 248 pounds, 24 pounds lighter than when I started. I was hoping to lose at least 30 pounds, but I intend to keep bicycling and losing more.

Christie W., an old, old friend (her father and mine were college roommates) came up as the winner: she guessed I would lose 25 pounds.

This will not be my last posting. I intend to post a few more, covering subjects such as animals seen on the trip, interesting road kill, biggest surprises about the trip, and probably a few other things. Plus, I still need to post the photos that go along with the last days of the ride.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Walt,
You may have only lost 24 pounds, but after 5 months, you looked pretty good to me. Welcome home. I have missed you more than I can say and I am so happy that we are not apart. I applaud you for your wonderful journey.
Love,
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Walt!! I'm sure that you've gained several pounds in muscle, so that number probably doesn't truly reflect what you accomplished. Awesome job, thanks for the inspiration . . .

Kevin E

christie said...

Congratulations, Walt! Even if you did not lose as much as you hoped, I am sure you improved many other health markers, not to mention your mental health. More importantly, if you have started a healthier lifestyle, you can continue comfortably. My offer of the $5/pound donation stands. I'll calculate it for 30 pounds. Is worldbicyclerelief.org OK?

Grammy said...

WOW!! You made it! I am so proud of you. How many people in life have a grand dream and really accomplish it. I think this is heroic. Congratulations!

Mark said...

Walt,

Thanks for giving me a call the other day and telling me about your adventure. I've enjoyed reading your blog, but it will take me a bit to read it end to end. I've just popped around randomly so far. This was an excellent adventure. And it certainly was a great idea to blog your way across America.

Best regards,
Mark

Anonymous said...

KUDOS!!


CHRIS