Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Heading to Folly Beach, SC

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I know I still need to "finish" my blog about last summer's trip across the country, and I do intend to do that. But before doing so I want to start recording my new bicycle adventure, a trip to visit some old fraternity brothers at a little get-to-gether in Folly Beach, SC.

The first leg of my trip was from Brooklyn, NY to Cape May, NY, which I did over the three day period of Sept 3, 4, and 5. I had intended to average about 50 miles per day, but Leslie gave me a pleasant surprise by picking me up on Saturday, shaving about 20 miles off my total trip distance. It was my birthday, and I was glad to get the ride, help Leslie buy some groceries for my birthday dinner, and then get some time at the beach in the later afternoon.

I will write more later about my first 3 days back on the road, but before I get kicked out of the Cape May library I will just say that I had a wonderful time and, although not in very good physical shape, I am looking forward to the continuation of my trip to SC.

No comments: