Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Monday, August 25, 2008

Day 101 (8/25): Escanaba to Rapid River, Michigan

Starting in the 1860s Escanaba was a major port on the Great Lakes,
with iron ore and timber brought into the port by train and then
shipped out to the rest of the country. It still ships out these
products, but seems to be more involved with tourists who come for
recreation. I found it to be a nice, quiet little town.

I slept late, caught up on blogging and phone calls, toured the town,
and then biked north about 16 miles to get a head start on tomorrow's
ride.

Below are two photos of Escanaba's lighthouse.

The third photo is of Jenny and Doug, from Chicago; I think they drove
to Milwaukee, took a ferry to Muskegon, Michigan, and are now in the
11th day of a bike trip counter-clockwise around Lake Michigan,
returning to Milwaukee. Sounds like a great trip.

Sent from my iPhone

Walt Wright
917 783 6540
Walterwright@brooklynny.us

www.walt-fatmanonabike.blogspot.com

No comments: