Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Friday, August 22, 2008

Pancakes, etc.


Please refer to the comment from Dana F., attached to yesterday's blog that discussed my huge breakfast. Dana F., being the gourmet that she is, was offended by the fact that the potato pancake, which doesn't/shouldn't take maple syrup, was on the same plate as the French toast, which should be soaking in syrup. It is always heartwarming to find other people that are concerned about the important things in life.

My own reaction at the time was merely to be annoyed that the potato pancake was not served with apple sauce, which as Dana points out should have accompanied it. It didn't stike me as incongruous to have a "non-syrup" item on the same plate with a "syrup" item, probably because I realized that the blueberry pancake was too big to share a plate with the French toast, and a fourth plate would have gotten to be a bit excessive. Dana would probably have realized this also if she had seen the photo of the breakfast, but due to technical difficulties that photo (and others) have not yet been posted.

Kevin E. also sent a comment, confirming that a big breakfast enables you to ride all day. Kevin also wondered if I had a good headlight on my bike: No, I don't. I have one, but I carry it in a pannier because the handlebar bag makes it inconvenient to mount the light on the handlebars. Fortunately, there have only been a couple of times, at dusk, when I would have turned it on while riding.

In recognition of their cogent comments, I will email the photo of the breakfast to both Dana and Kevin, so that they can view it (and drool if they want to) before it is posted. By the way, each of the breakfast items was excellent!

1 comment:

christie said...

I think Kevin means that with that breakfast, you could pedal until midnight so better have these headlights on.