Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Sunday, August 17, 2008

Day 91 (8/15): New Ulm to Mankato, MN

Mileage: 36.5; 2,542 total

This was a short, easy ride on a hot day. I left late, and then took a long lunch break at the one town (Nicolette) that was along the way. Was surprised to find out that the guy who ran the restaurant in this little farming town was from Long Island.

U.S. Route 14, which I had been following from outside of Pierre, SD, turned into a major highway as I approached the city of Mankato (pop. about 50,000) during late afternoon rush hour, and was not very pleasant for bicycling. I was glad to get to the Butler B&B, a beautiful house and a nice place to stay.

Was glad to pick up the package that had been mailed to me and to get my laundry done.

I had never heard of Mankato before, but it is the summer camp of the Minnesota Vikings, and seems to be a nice little college town (Southern Minnesota State University plus another school).

No comments: