Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Friday, May 16, 2008

Co-Motion Americano


This is my new bike, made by Co-Motion.
The two couplings that you might see enable you to break the frame into two pieces and then pack the bike into a suitcase that is a "standard size." This will come in hand7 if I want to pack the bike up and fly off for a cycling vacation sometime.
The bike is not light, but its steel frame and fat tires should be strong enough to comfortably handle my weight and gear (and give me a comfortable ride!). As shown, with the front and rear pannier racks, and fenders, it weighs just over 30 pounds.

1 comment:

Dick said...

It looks like a beauty. Disc brakes in front? I'm sure that will help during the downhill parts of the mountains. I didn't see a helmet in the previous photos of your get up but hopefully you'll be wearing one. You've only got one head! Keep blogging as we're all anxious to know how the trip is progressing. Dick