Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Friday, September 11, 2009

Cape May, NJ to Snow Hill, MD

After a good breakfast, i loaded my bike and baggage into the car and Leslie drove me to the ferry terminal to see me off. I caught the 9;30 AM ferry; due to somewhat heavy seas it was delayed a bit and I didn't leave Lewes Delaware until about 11:15, under overcast skies and strong winds.

I stopped for lunch in Millsboro Del, and while there it began to rain. I delayed getting back on the road, but the rain didn't stop and I resigned myself to riding the rest of the day in the rain. Fortunately it wasn't cold, and I did have a tail wind, and the rural roads were ideal for cycling, so I did have a very good day despite the rain.

In the little town of Willard, Md I stopped to find out where there would be motels along my
route to the south. The locals said there would not be any! I certainly didn't want to go out of my way for 15 miles or so to find a motel (in Ocean City or in Salisbury) but my iPhone came thru for me. It identified a B&B in Snow Hill, about 17 miles south, and I arrived in time to have a good dinner and a good nights sleep at the River House Inn near the Pokomoke River.

Mileage: about 53

No comments: