Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Saturday, September 12, 2009

Onley, VA to Cape Charles, VA


I biked about 46 miles today and arrived at a motel in Cape Charles a little past 2 PM. The motel is about 1/4 miles from the toll booth for the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel. I cannot bicycle over that, but I have a scheduled time of 9 AM tomorrow to meet a pick-up truck at the toll booth and be driven across the Chesapeake to Norfolk. My friend Dick is going to meet me there and drive me through the Norfolk urban area, so I had been planning all along to cross on Sunday morning and this has given me a few hours to relax.

There isn't much time to type now, so I am sticking to the basics. This was a beautiful, clear day bicycling mainly on lonely rural roads. The day's highlight was encountering other bike tourists, and what a group they were: a family, with parents Mike and Kathy riding a tandem (a Co-Motion, the same brand as my bike); 4 year old Daniel pedaling away on his attached bike, converting the tandem to a triple; and 18 month old Maggie sitting in her caboose (child-carrying trailer), which was attached behind Daniel. They were starting off on the first day of a two-week tour of the Delmarva Peninsula! They are from Colorado, and both parents have done a lot of touring. (Check their webpage: http//msmcgrath.home.comcast.net) I will post a photo of them as soon as I figure out how to do it.

No comments: