Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Thursday, September 24, 2009

Andrews SC to Folly Beach SC; Sep 23; car ride +18 miles biking

Chrs picked me up in Andrews in the late morning and we drove south to Mt Pleasant, just outside Charleston. We unloaded our bikes and peddled the rest of the way, thru Charleston to Chris's he in Folly Beach.

It sure was great to have Chris guide me on this last stretch. We had three big bridges to cross, and on two of these we were riding on the shoulders of busy highways, pausing on ocassion to await breaks in the traffic as cars entered and exited the highways. Chris gave me a quick tour of the historic section of Charleston (quite a place!) and knew an excellent place to stop
for lunch.

It was a very hot, muggy day and I was glad to reach Chris's home and relax with a cold beer. (Later, we drove back to Mt Pleasant and picked up the car we had left there.)

Chris informed me, afterward, that a) our 18 mile ride was the longest bike ride he had everbtaken, b) it was his 60th birthday. Chris is a strong bikevrider and I'm sure he could easily have ridden much further. He'll have to do a century soon, before he gets too old!

Now, Chrisvand I will wait for Dave, Dick, Pat, and John to arrive on Thursday for a five-day "reunion." (I was glad to meet Chris's lovely wife Ron'a before she flew out of town till we all leave!)

Sent from my iPhone

Walt Wright
917 783 6540
Walterwright@brooklynny.us

www.walt-fatmanonabike.blogspot.com

No comments: