Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Monday, September 21, 2009

Wilmington NC to Little River SC; Sep 20; 65 miles

The highpoint of the day was reaching SC--now I'm on the home stretch to my destination.

I was sorry not to have been able to spend more time with niece Cindy, but she is very busy with a waitressing job and a bartending job. She didn't get home Sat night until after I was asleep, and had to leave at about 10:30 am to go back to work. She fixed a good breakfast for me, we talked a bit, and then she had to hurry off. I packed and got on the road at about 11 am

The first 45 miles was on rte 17, busy and tense riding, but this direct route shaved 20 miles off the more scenic bike route. The busy highway notwithstanding, it was a good ride, with smooth pavement and a breeze at my back. The last 20 miles were on quiet roads along the coast.

I lucked out with my motel -- a nice place at a reasonable price. And I has time to enjoy the outdoor and indoor pools, and the hot tub.

Sent from my iPhone

Walt Wright
917 783 6540
Walterwright@brooklynny.us

www.walt-fatmanonabike.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Maestro said...

Hi Walt;

I can well imagine how tense it was to peddle on the busy throughfare. Glad you made it OK.

Just curious if you received the email I sent on Sunday.

Don from Canada