Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Saturday, September 12, 2009

Snow Hill, Md to Onley, Va

After a good breakfast at the B&B I got delayed with phone calls and emails and didn't get out the door until after 10:30 AM. Then, after only 1 1/1 miles I realized that I had probably left my phone charger at the B&B, so I called them, confirmed it was there, and Larry the owner volunteered to deliver it to me by car. That was great, because wasting 3 miles at the start would have been discouraging! I need to keep better organized from now on.

There had been a severe rain overnight, but it had ended and I started out without a rain jacket. Howevr, there was a mist that soon had me fairly wet, plus it was cool, in the low 60's, and so I soon put the jacket on and left it on for the rest of the day.

Now that the storm had passed, Thiursday's tailwinds had shifted and become light but noticible headwinds.

The ride was uneventgul down little rural roads through corn and soybean fields, woodlands, and wetlands. A very quiet route, with an occasional collection of houses but no restaurants or other places to stop. Many of the rural lanes were narrow with no shoulder, but that made no difference since there was so little traffic.

I found a sandwich ship in Atlantic, DE and stopped for a long lunch. About ten miles later I passes a gas station where I bought a quart of milk and a candy bar.

Finally, after what seemed like a long and tiring day, but was only 44 miles, I got to one of the few motels in this area, a Comfort Inn, and didn't leave my room. I are some sandwich left over from lunch, finished the milk, and settled in for a long sleep.

Sent from my iPhone

Walt Wright
917 783 6540
Walterwright@brooklynny.us

www.walt-fatmanonabike.blogspot.com

No comments: