Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day 53 (July 8): Lewistown to Grass Range, MT

Mileage: 32.9; 1,427 total

This was a relatively short ride. I have a cousin, Elin, who lives in Billings, MT, which is about 100 miles due south of Grass Range. She met me in Grass Range and drove me down to Billings where I will be relaxing for several days and visiting with Elin, her husband Clint, and with Henny, who is the wife of Joel, another cousin and one of Elin's five brothers.

Joel, incidentally, is in the Utah National Guard at the age of 57 (somehow he manages to keep passing the annual physical exam!), and was recently sent to Kuwait for a year (or more?). He is sweltering in the desert near the Iraqi border, working with men half his age, in a support unit that ships supplies into Iraq. I know this isn't where he wants to be, but that's where is orders sent him. The family's thoughts are with you, Joel, and we wish you a safe tour of duty and a speedy return.

I intend to post more, later, about my ride through Central Montana over the past several days.

1 comment:

Kathryn Thompson said...

Have fun! I wish I were there!