Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Day 46 (July 1): Helena to Wolf Creek, MT

Mileage: 37.3; 1,170 total

A fairly short ride, but given that I had a headwind most of the way, coupled with a 700 foot climb coming out of the Helena valley, I was satisfied with my day's work.

This was the first day since entering Montana about two weeks ago that the sky was overcast. In fact it sprinkled now and then and threatened thundestorm. But the cloud cover kept the temp down to about 80, which was a nice change.

With eight miles to go I entered a canyon (photo), which was a very scenic, quiet, route into Wolf's Creek.

Sent from my iPhone

Walt Wright
917 783 6540
Walterwright@brooklynny.us

www.walt-fatmanonabike.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Mom said...

Walt, I am Max (of Wolf Creek, Montana and Great Falls, Montana)'s niece and the Cousin of Joe in Alaska whom your daughter knows, and the Aunt of Charlie who is up in Alaska. Here is Charlie's blog address in case you have time to check it:

http://charlieacrossalaska.blogspot.com/

I'm going to send it to my Uncle Max now. I love it that you met up with my Uncle Max! He is one of my very favorite people in the entire world, and is my late mother's youngest brother.

Charlie who is biking in Alaska also has a twin brother named Max, after my Uncle Max. Charlie & Max are my sister Nancy's twin sons. I'm in Pitkin, Colorado. Suzy