Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Thursday, September 4, 2008

Day 109 (9/2): Bayview to Charlevois, Michigan

Mileage: 24.1; 3,272 total

Another enjoyable day, but after sleeping late, going for a swim, socializing, packing, stopping at a bike shop to have my rear tire replaced*, and having some long phone conversations, I didn't get on the road until close to 5 PM.

*For the bicyclists who may be curious, I was cleaning my bike and noticed that not only was the rear tire "bald," there was a small chunk that was completely worn through so that only the tire liner was protecting the tube. The missing chunk was in the location that a large staple had pierced about a month ago, giving me my last flat, and I was really negligent for not having noticed this before. I had a replacement tire with me, but decided to take it to the bike shop that I knew I would pass on the way of of town, and have them replace it. They told me that the extreme wear on the rear tire, as compared to the front tire, was normal since the rear tire does all the work (transmitting the power from the pedals to the road).

No comments: