Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Tuesday, September 16, 2008

More on the Mackinaw Bridge

In a comment a week or two ago, reader John D. asked if it was windy on the bridge, and I explained that when I walked across there was no wind at all.

But it can get very windy. Here is an interesting newspaper article about the bridge, and you will see that it includes metntion of an incident about 20 years ago in which a small car, a Yugo, was blown off the bridge! Thanks, cousin Ken G., for sending this to me. http://info.detnews.com/redesign/history/story/historytemplate.cfm?id=156

2 comments:

Tom said...

Walt....I've been periodically monitoring your progress since way back, since brother David told me about it. I think it's absolutely an amazing journey. ...and you are an incredible writer to boot!

(A little of your energy has rubbed off on me: I'm biking to work 3 days a week.)

Godspeed.

Tom Bouve

Anonymous said...

Walt,

Glad to see you are back in New York. We have enjoyed following your adventure!
Patty and Dennis Miller