Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Day 133 (9/26): Rotterdam Junction to Schenectedy, NY


Mileage: 8.0; 4,315 total

Steve, Pat, and I had a very short ride into downtown Schenectedy, where we had breakfast at a downscale diner called Mike's. Then Pat took off by himself, headed to Albany where he had parked his car, and then home to an engagement in Northampton, Mass. We very much enjoyed riding with Pat -- his good nature, selflessness, stamina are great attributes in a bicycling companion! See photo of Pat (in red) and Steve, below.

Steve and I spent a couple of hours at the local library, blogging and emailing, and then proceeded to Susan's and Dick's home, where we had been invited to spend two nights! I had never met them before, but had known of Susan for almost 50 years because her brother was my roommate for both my freshman and junior years in highschool.

I was pretty sure we would enjoy visiting with them, and we sure did! After lunch at their house we spent the afternoon getting a brief tour of Schenectedy and Union College, followed by a home-cooked dinner, the Presidential Candidates' Debate, and a good night's sleep.

No comments: