Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 122 (9/15): Day in Buffalo

Mileage: 11.1; 3,888 total

Caught up on blogging, emails, etc. Ran some errands.

I didn't really have anyone to talk with today until Carlos (see photo) struck up a conversation at a coffee shop. He had seen my bike, and although it didn't have any of my baggage on it he recognized it as a touring bike and asked about my trip. He and a friend had biked from California to Virginia several years ago, after he graduated from college. It was nice to talk to another long-distance biker.

Shortly after talking with Carlos I had a chance to get a picture of Leland, on his bicycle, and to talk with him briefly. I've often thought I was carrying too much stuff but WOW! What a load he carries! See photo. (He does landscaping work, and transports all the tools of his trade by bicycle.)

Sent from my iPhone

Walt Wright
917 783 6540
Walterwright@brooklynny.us

www.walt-fatmanonabike.blogspot.com

No comments: