Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Weight Loss

On Thursday morning I expect to climb on the scales and find out how much weight, if any, I have lost. For any of you who want to guess how much I lost, please send your guess to me by Thursday evening, if you have not done so already. You may win the first prize: a milkshake.

Some of you have asked for a current picture, to help judge my fatness. Please note that there are two photos of me posted for Day 126. And, for comparison purposes, postings on May 11 and May 17 show how fat I was at the start of my trip.

Here are two other thoughts that might help you gauge my weight loss (if any):

1. I have not specifically been trying to lose weight. I have generally been quite hungry every day, and have used my bicycling activity as an excuse to eat anything I wanted to, in whatever quantities I wanted.

2. I have bicycled almost 4,500 miles, and that is a lot of aerobic activity. So I clearly must have been burning a lot of calories, even as I was eating anything and everything in sight.

So, if you haven't yet made your guess, think about points 1 and 2 above, and then send your guess to me. I would sure love to take you out for a milkshake!

No comments: