Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Saturday, September 6, 2008

More responses to comments

On September 2 John posted a comment, asking about the winds on the Mackinaw Bridge, and whether anyone got blown off the railing. It wasn't windy: we had perfect weather for the walk. But maybe John is familiar with the bridge, because the railing is fairly low and I can imagine someone being knocked over the railing by a strong wind!

In my September 4 post, Larissa has now posted the three pictures that Jean-Paul submitted. You will notice that one is from Death Valley, the low point of his trip, and another is from a snow-coverd pass at about 10,000 feet! It is also interesting to see the picture of his bicycle, with baggage: he somehow managed to get by with a lot less luggage than I have been carrying.

On September 5, Larissa posted a "Happy Birthday" message to me. (That's what happens when you don't maintain strict editorial control of your own blog!) But thanks, Larissa!

Today, September 6, Christie posted an interesting comment with a very generous offer to contribute money to a charity of my choice. The amount of her contribution is to be based on the number of pounds that I lose. The organization that she identified, which donates bicycles to Africa, sounds like a very worthwhile charitable group. Don't feel obligated, but if any of you want to make a contribution to this group please let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Walt,

Haven't checked this for a while and glad you are still going.
Looked for a picture of you but could not find one. Are there any?

Adrian (NY)

Larissa said...

We'd be happy to donate a minimum of a buck a pound.
We may kick in a little more after we figure out what we are giving to help a few politicians get elected.