Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Day 114 (9/7): Midand to Vassar, Michigan

Mileage: 46.6; 3,511.2 total

I slept late, enjoyed a big breakfast, and left Midland about noon. After about 20 miles or so I was crossing a bridge over the Saginaw River in Bay City and heard someone shout my name. It was Jim and Debbie again! (See post for Day 113 for background.) They were on their Sunday bike ride, and it was a real pleasure to meet up with them again.

They were going out of town on a bike path, and I deviated a bit from my planned route in order to enjoy their company for a few more miles. They are both extremely familiar with the roads in the area, and pointed out a way that I could take the bike path with them, and then take a pretty good bicycling road into Vassar. So we rode together for about five or six miles, and then I headed over to Vassar where, as I approached town, I found the motel and restaurant that Jim had told me would be there.

No comments: