Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Monday, June 2, 2008

Day 17: Umatilla, Oregon to campground near Touchet, Wash.

It was cool and clear when I left Umatilla late this morning. I was well-rested and well-fed, and with the wind behind me this short ride was very easy.

After climbing out above the McGary Dam , most of the time I was on fairly flat US 730, on the south-east bank of the Columbia. It was very scenic, with 15 miles or more in the Wallula Gap, a passage thru the Horse Heaven Hills. Except for the view of the dam, the photos are all of the approach to and inside the Gap.

The Columbia turned north and I tirned east, and am now at a csmpground on the banks of the Walla Walla River Camp neighbors very friendly--3 retired guys here for the fishing who gave me a share of the beef stew and apple pie they had brought from home.







Sent from my iPhone

Walt Wright
917 783 6540
Walterwright@brooklynny.us

www.walt-fatmanonabike.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's your mileage, Dad? You haven't posted it for the last few days.

:)

Anonymous said...

hey walt,
leslie stopped in to the church center friday past and told me of your fantastic journey. very inspiring, as someday when i retire i hope to do the cross country walk. who knows, by then air might be $4.25 a gallon. the pictures seem to make the inevitables aches and pains worth the effort. big encouragement to you from nyc. regards, neil bines