Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Thursday, June 12, 2008

Response to Linda B.

In a recent comment Linda B. asked if the tendancy to overestimate the steepness of a hill could be related to Einstein's Theory of Relativity. No, it is purely a matter of visual perception. The Theory of Relativity would not enter into it unless my speed were approaching the speed of light, and I assure you I am not going anywhere near that speed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's that???? You mean that you are NOT going at the speed of light? Then your trip is hardly worth the effort.

Seriously, I didn't think that Einstein's Theory of Relativity only pertained to the speed of light. I thought it also had to do with relative movement-like eg. when you're sitting on a train and another one is moving etc.