Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Thursday, June 5, 2008

Pastry, Wine, and an Eventual Huckleberry Milk Shake

This morning I enjoyed an almond croissant at the Colville St. Patisserie. A foodie I met last evening highly recommended this place, explaining that the proprietor had trained as a pastry chef in Portland, Seattle, and NYC before opening this shop several years ago. The patrisserie was another great find!

While enjoying my pastry and coffee I was lucky to get into a discussion with Ron and Barbara, and their friend Kathy. They were enthusiastic about my bike trip, and very helpful--both Barbara and Kathy even went out to their cars to get roadmaps to review with me. They were all familiar with my route and had lots of good suggestions. Among other things, Kathy recommended the huckleberry milk shakes in Wolf Creek, near Gates of the Mountains--little did she realize how much motivation that will be for me as I peddle through the mountains to get there.

After talking with them I spent some time at the town library, and then stopped at the Carnegie Art Museum (where Kathy works) to see their current juried art show -- a nice mix of artwork.

Then, on Ron's recommendation, I stopped in the Walla Walla Winery tasting room. I very much enjoyed a Cabernet, a Syrah, and a Merlot, as well as the cordial hospitality of Terry, the host.

A very enjoyable day so far, but now I need to pick up my bike.

Sent from my iPhone

Walt Wright
917 783 6540
Walterwright@brooklynny.us

www.walt-fatmanonabike.blogspot.com

No comments: