Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Friday, June 27, 2008

Day 42 (June 27): Dillon to Whitehall, MT

Mileage: 60.8; 1030 total

Had breakfast at McDonald's with Craig, Doug, and their 11 middle school students, after having loaded my panniers into their van. Then we all headed out, but I soon fell behind and was comfortable proceeding at my more relaxed pace.
The route went north, following the Beaverhead River and then the Jefferson River through a broad farming/grazing valley, with the Beaverhead Mtns to the west and the Tobacco Root Mtns to the east. I had never heard of the Tobacco Root Mts, but they are pretty impressive.

For those of you who may be familiar with the saga of Lewis & Clark, this is the area where Sacajewega first recognized places she had come to as a young girl with her tribe, Shosones. She particularly remembered Beaver Head Rock, which had been a traveler's landmark for thousands of years.



Sent from my iPhone

Walt Wright
917 783 6540
Walterwright@brooklynny.us

www.walt-fatmanonabike.blogspot.com

No comments: