Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Thursday, June 5, 2008

Why Evacuate Umatilla?

Several days ago, when I was riding out of Umatilla on US730, I was puzzled by signs announcing that this was an "Evacuation Route." But why would Umatilla need an evacuation route? Being in the middle of nowhere, It seemed like the type of safe haven people would be evacuated to, not from. But soon I had other things to think about, and I stopped considering this question.

Then, out of the blue, reader Court P answered the question. Reading that I had come thru Umatilla, he asked if I knew that was the govt's location of a huge stockpile of chemical weapons (nerve gas, blistering agents, etc) that the military is gradually incinerating. And he sent a web link to back this up. So that explains the need for an evacuation route!

Sent from my iPhone

Walt Wright
917 783 6540
Walterwright@brooklynny.us

www.walt-fatmanonabike.blogspot.com

No comments: