Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Day 18: campground to Walla Walla, Washington

Mileage: 28.3; 399 total

This was a ride in the rain, and I didn't take any pictures.

But below you will find a photo of Tom, Dale, and Grant, the three guys on a fishing trip who fed me last night.

Tom found a great way to start off his retirement: restoring a WWII PT boat. These were not made to last, and in fact the Gov't agreed with the manufacturer to sell them abroad or destroy them. In recent years Tom's group obtained two of the four known to exist and reconstructed one, fully operational PT boat. It is now part of the Navy's official "Historic Fleet," and is housed in its own museum in Portland, Oregon except when it goes to sea on official occassions. Way to go, Tom, for making the effort to preserve our naval history!

(I expect to post Tom's website after I have had a chance to review it.)

Other highlights of today's trip will follow tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone

Walt Wright
917 783 6540
Walterwright@brooklynny.us

www.walt-fatmanonabike.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Greg Bertles said...

Walt, I've passed your blog site on to several other people. My son's boss already knew about you.
Keep enjoying yourself and get plenty of rest. Greg Bertles