Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Monday, June 23, 2008

Day 36 (June 21): Hamilton to Sula, MT

Mileage: 36.0; 855 total

Didn't leave Hamilton until about 5 pm, but it was quite hot. What I
had been expecting to be an easy ride seemed to drag on and on. This
was a sure sign that I needed more rest, and so I was glad to have
reserved a cabin for two nights, in Sula (pop. 50).

The route followed the Bitterroot River. As the ride progressed the
Bitterroot Mtns closed in from the right and the Sapphire Mtns merged
from the left, so that on the last stretch I was following the river
through a narrow valley. There were many very large, undoubtedly very
expensive, homes of log construction.

Spotted many deer in the late evening, but they didn't give me time to
get my camera.

Sent from my iPhone

Walt Wright
917 783 6540
Walterwright@brooklynny.us

www.walt-fatmanonabike.blogspot.com

No comments: