Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Tuesday, June 10, 2008

That Cowboy was no Redneck

In regard to yesterday's post, titled Don't Believe Everything You Hear, if I hadn't run out of time I would have pointed out that the cowboy I spoke with was certainly no redneck. He was bright, very personable and a good conversationalist. I may be mistaken, but I think he said he chaired the county's Democrats. He had spent his Army years, in the early 1970's, at Ft. Monmouth, NJ, and said he loved Monmouth County and had considered staying there. He fondly remembered his nights of drinking and carousing with his Army buddies on Flatbush Avenue, in Brooklyn. But all in all he preferred the West, and had returned to the Spokane area and then more recently moved to Dayton, where it was more peaceful.

No comments: