Welcome To My Blog

I urge you to start with my first posting, Prelude #1, to get a sense of what the main portion of this Blog is about.


Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lewiston, Idaho - Wrap-Up

Mileage: 6.7; 518 total

The last two days have been good for rest and recuperation, and I am eager to get started tomorrow morning.

One major accomplishment was to go thru all of my stuff and cull out everything I thought I could do without for a couple of weeks. I mailed 10.5 pounds of stuff to myself in Missoula, Montana.

Lewiston, Idaho and Clarkston, Washington are sister cities, joined by the "blue bridge" (see photo). In the photo, taken from the Clarkston side, the Snake River comes in from the south (right side) and immediately curves to the west, with the Clearwater River merging from the east.

Of the two cities, Clarkston seems to be a bit more spreadout. Lewiston has a well-defined, and attractive, Main Street (see photo). Lewiston, incidentally, was Idaho's first capital (but Jeff T. probably knew that!).

I stayed at the EconoLodge motel where Jeg (see photo) and his father treated me very well. Jeg's father, originally from Punjab, lived in Southern California for more than 20 years. He bought this motel about two months ago and moved here with Jeg, who just finished 8th grade. They both love it here. Jeg's mother and two sisters have visited on weekends and are eager to move here as soon as they can sell their house in California. Jeg is bright and enthusiastic and great when it comes to customer service--he will be an excellent assistant for his father.

P.S. Jeg told me that math was his least favorite subject, but he quickly solved an old riddle that I gave him (3 guys check into a motel, etc etc etc, what happened to the missing dollar?)

Sent from my iPhone

Walt Wright
917 783 6540
Walterwright@brooklynny.us

www.walt-fatmanonabike.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Walt, this is Steve Rocklage (the kayaker from the Lochsa). The bronze kids in the fountain are friends of mine...well, I know one better than the other two. They are the Sears kids (Jesse, Zak...and for some unknown reason I am drawing a blank on their sisters name) and their dad made those bronzes of them.